Wednesday, November 21, 2007

an army of floats

Walking along 81st St and Central Park West, you see half blown floats slowly filling with air. I walked by and gawked at the tourists and the floats slowly taking in their fill of air for the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. It's like they're slowly gathering and getting ready to take over the city at sunrise.

Tomorrow, I should finally sleep in since it's such a rare chance. However I'm a little tempted to actually attend the parade. I've only been once, and that was special because I was actually IN the parade. No one would have recognized me as I was one of the clowns. My friends don't even recognize me in the pictures. It was pretty fun being in a mask of sorts in one of the biggest traditions of the country.

Other than that, I've only seen the parade on TV growing up. I wonder if I should wake up early with my sketch book. It's a perfect opportunity to sketch some studies. I guess I'll see how I feel.