Friday, April 23, 2010

NaPoWriMo #23 - Unlikely Couples

Prompt:
Read Write Poem member Sage Cohen has a terrific suggestion for today’s poems: Write a poem in which you combine a speaker and an event that normally don’t go together (such as sports broadcasters and poetry writing), as Jay Leeming does in his poem, “Man Writes Poem.”
---
Vegetarian at a Pig Roast

Like a child lost at a department
store, the servers whiz around, over
and past your hopeful glaze which waters
and flavors your plate full of sides.

9 comments:

  1. Short and simple. I like it.

    http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get enough sides and you're whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a vegetarian, and I went to a pig roast as a child . . . the day after I saw "Charlotte's Web" for the first time. Childhood trauam.

    Anyway, loved this piece! (And I'm hungry . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dangit - I know how to spell "trauma."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pig roasts and vegetarians don't go together.
    Nice post.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice take on this prompt! I can see the vegetarian sitting there with all the side dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sez so much in so few... magical peek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice. The light side of being.

    well done! in a vegetarian sort of way...

    ~mark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, everyone. Funny thing is a friend took me to vegetarian dim sum this evening, in Chinatown. No sides, just mock pork, mock chicken, mock beef...

    ReplyDelete

Leave your say here: